.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

mckib•in•nihon

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Packing it up

Oh yeah, we're heading back to Takayama in a few days so we're packing everything away, all the great gifts and toys we've received during the last few months. It also means I won't be posting for a few days.

I'm psyched to get back to Takayama... and not. It's been great being down in civilization again these last few months. I'm going to miss my twice weekly trips into Tokyo for Japanese lessons. The classes were great (here's their website if you're planning on taking any, I highly recommend them), but also, just being back in a major metropolis on a semi-regular basis felt a little like being home. On the other hand, it'll be nice to be back in our own space (the in-laws are great, but 3 months IS a long time) and back among the trees.

Also, we have to get ready for Thanksgiving and my parents visit. Hi Mom and Dad! (I know you read this....) We're looking forward to seeing you.