.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

mckib•in•nihon

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Marxy


While I'm in the mood for endorsements... If your even slightly interested in contemporary Japan I suggest you take a look at neomarxisme. Marxy (aka David Marx) writes and reads Japanese fluently (unlike me) and consistently provides sometimes dire, but always interesting observations about life in modern Japan. And he seems to know enough about the place to care deeply about it.

But beyond all that, dude writes some sweet pop songs. When we were back in NYC, I stopped by Other Music and picked up his disc "Kyoshu Nostalgia". I was quite pleasantly surprised... it sounds a bit like the Beatles meets They Might be Giants with some Mario Bros. soundtrack thrown in. Not normally my most preferred mix, but it tickled me.

(So Marxy, the check is in the mail right...?)