.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

mckib•in•nihon

Friday, July 29, 2005

Off the grindstone

Finally...

Just finished up a big job for Popular Science magazine; a report from the World Expo in Aichi, Japan. Regular readers of this blog will remember we went there a little over a month ago. The Expo itself was kinda lame but the robots on display, both the prototypes and the ones working the Expo grounds where pretty cool. I both illustrated and reported the story. My first time writing anything professionally. I think it came out pretty well for a first time effort but you can judge for yourself when it comes out in the November issue. It got pushed back a month... a bit of a drag but not unexpected in the magazine business. Not enough ads sold equals less pages.

But damn, I can't wait until then to trumpet my own horn so here's a couple of previews until the issue comes out.



Can't show ya everything, probably not copacetic, but just a taste should be OK.