.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

mckib•in•nihon

Friday, February 03, 2006

Escape Pod

I can't believe it's taken me this long to mention Escape Pod. It's one of the best scifi and short fiction podcast sites going. I've been listening for months now. Unlike many similar sites, they actually pay their authors so the work is usually top notch and the voice talent is always spot on. So if you've got a long commute that needs filling, or as in my case, find that most radio sucks (yup even here in Japan... actually more so) then get with the clickety-clickety-click. The latest episode is a gem, "My Friend is a Lesbian Zombie". Here's an excerpt:

"I don’t know how it happened. I’m the last person I’d go to if I were a zombie; I’m not into the occult thing at all. But I was the only friend Mandy had in this city, so she came to me with her sob story. Lucky me. So there she was, kicked back in my bed, having herself a good, long cry and I was stuck with her, wondering how long until she began stinking. That was really unfair of me, I know, but there was a goddamn walking, talking corpse snuggled up in my good sheets and I was a little concerned about it."

Technorati Tags: , , ,