.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

mckib•in•nihon

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Some good news

Thanks to Gordon for alerting me to this, I had actually forgotten about it... But I won a Merit award at SPD (the Society for Publication Designers) for single story illustration. It's for a series of illos I did for Popular Science in their "100th anniversary of flight" issue. The story I is illustrated is about how airlines are constantly testing the limits of their customer's comfort, patience, basic needs, etc. The conciet is to posit the passengers as "lab rats" in a giant experiment, or in the case of my illo's, one passeneger as our unlucky fellow. Here's a scan of the page from the awards book that Gordon graciously scanned for me.

McBilloSPD

I illustrated about 7 pages in total. It was a fun assignment and it never sucks to get the recognition of ones peers.


But with more in the non-Japan related posting, if you want to remember what the future used to look like, go here. It's all in Italian, so go for the pretty pictures not the text. To advance through the pages just click then "next pagina" link at the bottom of each page.



...damn! i just tried the site and it looks like I'm not the only one digging it.....the site has exceeding it's bandwith limit, too popular. hmmm, well I would suggest trying again in a few days. It's really well worth it.